Saturday, June 20, 2009

The Secret Machines - 6/19/09 - Santos Party House

Very rarely would I classify a show as being worth it if all you got was an abbreviated 5 song set from a band I could happily listen to play for 3 + hours. This was definitely one of those "worth it" moments. Setlist: Fire Is Waiting - Nothing new here - Vid. is partial Terrible Light - New song - In my humble opinion, it was brilliant! Like I Can - A revival from the Annex shows - Josh confirmed it's making the new album. Pure psych-pop goodness. Walls Are Starting..Nothing new here but really strong version overall - Vid. is partial Dreaming of Dreaming - By far the most exciting, bass-tastic version of this song I've seen / heard live. It melted hipster faces. Phil tore this shit up at the end! Being a forgetful douche, I forgot to inquire about a drop date for the new material. They are "wrapping up recording now" and I'm assuming we'll see something by fall / winter if hopefully not sooner. Possibility of more live dates soon but don't quote me on that. Viva La TSM!

No comments:

Post a Comment